Gun House

Originally built as “Gun-shed, Guard and Office Rooms” around 1910, the building now houses a restaurant run by the Mysore Palace Trust. A quaint mixture of Tudor battlemented turrets and classical baroque features of European style. The slopping tiled roof of the central hall is lined with dormer windows. Segmented arched openings in front are framed with battlemented stonework in contrasting white. Rooms at either end are gabled with multiple-moulded pediments.